Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Black Distressed Dresser - Not For Sale

I visited my husband's family this weekend and his mother asked me to redo a dresser for her. This dresser had been painted at least three different times and was also used as my husband's baby changing table years ago. I loved getting the chance to work on such a special piece. His mom wanted a black dresser distressed with a hint of clay showing through. She also chose the absolute perfect knobs to go with her two color choices. Time did not allow for us to put a protective layer on it, but they will be doing that next week. Once the protection is applied, the areas that were distressed regain the satin finish of the surrounding unaltered areas. We had a wonderful time working on this piece and we think it turned out great!

~Not for sale.




No comments: